May 15, 2022
GWOT Users: Navigating G-W Content on a MacBook
- When a user clicks on the Companion Website hyperlinks (i.e. Videos, E-Flash Cards, Review Questions, etc.) the resource will open in a new tab.
- The Home Button on the 2023 copyrights and newer editions will send a user back to the bookshelf home page.
How to Use the Lesson Review Section on a MacBook
- When a user clicks on the Lesson Review link, the activity will open in the same tab.
- A user may type their responses directly into the web fields.
- If a user has completed the activity, they may select the Print button at the bottom of the activity and may choose to print it out or Save to PDF to keep a digital copy.
- If a user is unable to complete the activity in one sitting, they may select the Save button at the bottom of the activity. A dialogue box will appear which reads, “Your responses have been saved but they will only be stored on this browser on this computer.”
- Next time, the user will only find those saved responses if they use the exact same device and the exact same browser.
How to Use PDF with Form Fields on a MacBook
- When a user clicks on the PDF link, the file will open in a new tab.
- A user may complete the assignment by filling in the form fields highlighted in blue.
- Once a user has completed the assignment, they may download it with changes saved or they may print it.
How to Use G-W DOCX files on a MacBook
- When a user clicks on a DOCX file, the file will download automatically and open in MS Word if the user has Microsoft Office products installed. Otherwise, a user will have to choose a different program (i.e. Pages or another word processing program).