For the optimal experience using G-W content on an iPad, please make sure you have updated to the most recent version of iOS. We also recommend using Google Chrome as your web browser.
GWOT Users: Navigating G-W Content on an iPad
- When a user clicks on the Companion Website hyperlinks (i.e. Videos, E-Flash Cards, Review Questions, etc.) the resource will open in a new tab.
- The Home Button on the 2023 copyrights and newer editions will send a user back to the bookshelf home page.
- When using a G-W title that is a 2023 copyright or newer, a user may be viewing the Online Textbook Reflowable. We have noticed that the functionality and scrolling of this digital textbook works better in Google Chrome than in Safari.
How to Use the Lesson Review Section on an iPad
- A user may type their responses directly into the web fields.
- Print: If a user has completed the activity, they may select the Print button at the bottom of the activity and select an available printer.
- Save: If a user is unable to complete the activity in one sitting, they may select the Save button at the bottom of the activity. A dialogue box will appear which reads, “Your responses have been saved but they will only be stored on this browser on this computer/iPad.”
- Next time, the user will only find those saved responses if they use the exact same device and the exact same web browser.
- Saving a digital copy of the Lesson Review activities for submission: When a user is ready to share or submit this activity digitally, they may take the following steps:
- Click on the Share/Upload icon in the web browser.
- A window of options will appear for which a user may choose to share (Apps may include Gmail, Google Drive, etc.).
Note: For middle and high school users, it will be the district’s IT department that determines which sharing apps are available on a district iPad.
- Depending on the apps available after selecting “Open in…,” you may be able to open the PDF with Form Fields in a PDF editing app (such as Adobe Reader) to complete this assignment.
How to Complete a PDF with Form Fields Activity on an iPad
- After selecting the Workbook bookshelf item, select the desired chapter/unit link to view.
- Once the PDF file opens, select the Paper Clip icon and then select Workbook with Form Fields.
- A new window will appear with the option to select a link to the PDF file for each chapter/unit.
- The Open in... option will appear on the bottom right of the screen. Select the PDF editing app approved and installed by your IT Department.
- Students may save a digital copy of the completed PDF activity or print if that option is available on student iPads.
How to Use G-W DOCX files on an iPad
- After selecting the Workbook bookshelf item, select the desired lesson activity to view by clicking on the DOCX link.
- The document will appear in view only mode. To edit this document, a user must select Open in... and may choose any app available for editing .docx files on an iPad (i.e. Google Docs, MS Office Word, Pages, etc.).
- Select the DOCX editing app approved and installed by your IT Department.
- Students may save a digital copy of the completed activity and print or share it according to instructor directions.