ExamView: Adding a Test to Google Classroom
(Note: Google Classroom is not officially supported by ExamView. These instructions are a work around and not guaranteed to provide full functionality)
To add an exam to your Google Classroom, please use the following steps:
Saving Your Test in the Correct Format:
- Create your quiz in the ExamView Test Generator. You can find a walkthrough of this process here: https://support.g-w.com/kb/article/40-office-hours-creating-exams-using-examview/
- After creating your test, click on File.
- Click on Export.
- Click on HTML.
- Select "Export as test" from the options on the popup box that appears.
- Add your contact information under Formal Name and Email. You can also check "Show test score to student" if desired.
- Click "OK", name your test, and then save it.
(Note: Completed quiz information will be sent to the email you entered in step 6. You will need to enter this information into your gradebooks manually)
Adding Your Test to the Google Classroom:
- Login to your Google Classroom.
- Go to Classwork.
- Click Create and add either an Assignment or a Quiz Assignment.
- Delete the Default Blank Quiz that Google adds if you select Quiz Assignment.
- Edit the new assignment with the following information:
- Name of the test
- Copy the instructions for students (listed below)
- Click "Add"
- Attach the HTML test file you created from ExamView
- Click "Upload"
(Note: Clicking on the file itself will NOT work. You and your students must follow the instructions to download the file and take the test)
(Note 2: quizzes with images may not display correctly. We recommend attaching these to your Classroom Assignment) directly and noting which question they attach to if this occurs)
Instruction for Students Taking the Test:
- Right-Click on Name of Test link below to open link in new tab.
- Click on the download option in the upper right.
- Open the downloaded file to access the test to take online.
- Enter your information.
- Take the test.
- Submit the test - click on grade/submit button in the bottom left corner at the end of the test.